Friday, February 22, 2013

Chocolate Dinner Club

Chocolate. Who doesn't love chocolate?  

         Every month, 11 friends and I get together for dinner club.  The host will choose a theme for the month and everyone brings a dish to share. It was my turn this month! I wanted to do something cute with Valentine's Day but didn't want to over do it with hearts or red & pink foods. So as I was browsing quotes about love, I stumbled upon this one.  Funny that I have always loved Charles M. Schulz, the Peanuts creator. His comics carry such good memories for me. He always blended sweet lessons with humor so well, very fitting that he would blend love and chocolate and set the perfect scene for my dinner club. 

      The only requirement was to to include a chocolate ingredient because...
     "All you need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt." 

 
The lineup included:

Drink
Chocolate martinis
   
Appetizer  
Mini Chocolate Machaca Breakfast Burritos
Fruit with Creamy Chocolate Dip

Salad & Veggies
Mixed Greens with Warm Cacao Nib Crusted Goat Cheese
Cocoa Spiced Roasted Vegetables

Main Dishes
Beef Paleo Chili
Cocoa Crusted Pork Tenderloin with Cherry Sauce
Pinto-Bean Mole Chili (Epicurious)
  
Dessert
Fudge Mint Brownies 
Chocolate Chip Pancakes & Strawberries


 Here are a few of the girls enjoying lunch!

January was Prohibition theme: a hidden alcohol ingredient and March the dishes must be made with local grown food. I can't wait to see what other themes come up throughout the year.  
Food makes for such great conversation and the company doesn't hurt either!

See the recipe for Cocoa Crusted Pork Tenderloin here.

Cheers,
Belle

No comments:

Post a Comment