Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Crispy Pork Medallions

A few years ago, I would never have eaten something with the word "tenderloin" in it. Something you should know, I grew up (let's say until about 24 years old) as a very picky eater! But now pork tenderloin is one of my favorite little treats that I only cook occasionally. This summer I even threw one on the grill...Amazing!


Okay, focusing back on the new recipe. I have alot of "regular" meals I make myself and my Cooking Light magazines are just stacking up, with so many tasty ideas collecting dust. Over Thanksgiving break, I went through my magazines and pulled out recipes I want to try.  Crispy Pork Tenderloins were a meal for a chilly night! Sometimes pork can be so chewy and tough, not this recipe!

Fresh Parsley from the garden...                                 Dredged in dijon and bread crumbs..... 
  
Quick saute on the stovetop before putting into the oven 

I made a little romaine, fresh beet and blue cheese salad to go with!  
I can't wait for leftovers tomorrow

2 comments:

  1. Did you cook them fully in the dutch oven? I need one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!!! the recipe called for an oven safe skillet, and I don't have one. The dutch oven was great... saute first on stove, then directly into oven! Easy!!!!

    ReplyDelete