Sunday, October 7, 2012

Power Smoothie!

I have to eat breakfast. It is a meal I can't skip, or else I am sluggish and my appetite is off all day. Unfortunately I don't have time to make scrambled eggs or a fritatta, so I usually go for a protein smoothie. This one is full of fiber, protein & good fats.

 
Power Smoothie: 
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 banana (about 6 frozen slices)
1 scoop protein powder
1/2 Tbsp flax seeds
1 Tbsp nut butter (almond, sunflower or peanut
Ice cubes, if you like more of a milkshake consistency 


Tips for the day: 

1) Blend all ingredients first except the nut butter, then add nut butter in once smooth - It blends in better without sticking to all the sides of the blender!

2) Slice and flash freeze bananas when you buy them. Then stick in a freezer bag for later use. It makes the smoothie creamier!

Speaking of breakfast, I am hungry and going to make one of these right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment