Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekly Sweat Stats 6/4-6/10

     I have so much to report this week!!  Signed up for some new activites and did my first few runs in my minimalist shoes.
  
    As I have mentioned before, I have been struggling finding my motivation lately. Work is nuts and I just can't seem to find enough hours in the day to take care of my classroom, my home and my body.  I've been so down on not having time to squeeze "me" time into my days.  Needless to say, I have been wearing my cranky panties for a few weeks now because the lack of exercise. I am in charge and need to quit complaining, and so something about it.  With what I am going to tell you next, you might think I am stretching myself thinner... but what I am doing is actually committing to keeping my life balanced!



 National Running Day is June 6th and in honor of that, I am proud to announce that I am registered for three new races!

America's Finest City Half Marathon - August 19th

San Diego Triathlon Classic - September 8th

Santa Barbara International Marathon - November 10th

It all started on June 1st and a few days later, I was signed up for 3 races and my checking account had significantly depleted.

Last year, I watched a friend of mine run the Santa Barbara Marathon and what a fabulous experience! After watching him, I knew I wanted to run SB in 2012. I committed to it June 1st. But then I heard more and more friends talking about AFC and getting pumped about training this summer. I ran AFC in 2010, it was my 3rd half marathon back then and it is a great course.   I bit the bullet and signed up!  THEN I felt super motivated and decided to do the San Diego Tri Classic in September. THIS IS MY FIRST TRI!!!!!!  wait, let's have that sink in. I am going to train for a triathlon???? I have been thinking & talking about it for a while, but was so nervous! I felt amazing and inspired after I signed up, and now I am pretty much freaking out.  I am going to swim for my first time in about 7 years this week, I'll let you know how that goes.

here's a rundown on this past week's workouts..

Week of 6/4-6/10

Monday: rest
Tuesday: 5 mile run (2 mi in minimalists, shoe change for 3 more mi)
Wednesday: 18 mile bike ride up the coast
Thursday: yoga video
Friday: core workout
Saturday: 6 mile run
Sunday:  3.5 mile run (in minimalists)

Not the most active, but more active than some people. Again, its up to me to make the changes. It's crazy how each workout can feel so different. All my runs this week felt like the world's longest 5, 6 and 3 mile runs... but Tuesday was sub 9s, Saturday was a 9:50ish pace and Sunday was 9:10s! No idea but I am working my way back in so I can go full speed ahead soon. Remember, I am trying to really take care of my legs??  I am hoping the new cross training (swim, bike & run) will help keep me healthy and a little leaner??????

Hoping to swim, run and bike a few times this week. I hope I don't need any floaties at the pool!
And if I am feeling like my head is going to explode, I will remind myself of this....


No comments:

Post a Comment