Sunday, June 3, 2012

One Stitch, Two Stitch, Red Stitch, Blue Stitch

        A few weeks ago, my friend Amanda and I had a sewing date set with my mom. We had some ideas for appliques on onesies - ties, vests, fabric doo-dads! My mom had just finished making a blanket in a wonderful Dr. Seuss fabric. Amanda & I decided to cut out some of our favorite characters and enhance white-tee onesies.  In the past few weeks, I've made about 6 more and they are super easy! 

        I am still a beginner sewer, so I don't even feel qualified to give instructions on what to do. Buy any onesies you like, find a print or pattern fabric, iron on the designs and stitch around the edges.  I just wanted to share the cute ideas!





             Something on the little bum is always cute

    
           

                   A star bellied baby!                           The Sneetches is one of my favorite Dr. Seuss stories                                      
Showing off our hard work
I also made a few tag blankets (post to come) and Amanda stitched her first burp cloth. 
It was a fun day of learning! 

No comments:

Post a Comment