Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Weekly Sweat Stats 6/18-6/24

         Well, it was a light week on the exercise front. My goals were 2 swim, 3 run and 2 bike. Didn't quite get there buuuuuuuut there's a reason.
          In my last post, I mentioned I went on a very relaxing mini-vacation with my best friend at the Ace Hotel in Palm Springs. We looked forward to the fresh & delicious food they have, poolside cocktails, and time to just hang out. The heat was a toasty 110 degrees and on the second day there, we were laying poolside and I had a bout of heat exhaustion and fainted. Long story short, the next few days were filled with a lot of water and really easy exercise.


It was hard to "take it easy" when I just wanted to get out there and train. But, I know its important to listen to your body& I was still feeling nauseous and pretty week for a few days.  I was so freaked out, that I went and got my vitals checked at the doctor also. All my levels came back healthy. I would say I am very in tune with my body, so when that happened I was just a little shaken up and wanted to double check everything.

I just did a lot of short and light running to keep stamina up, but stayed off the bike and out of the pool. No biggie! Instead of stressing about missing workouts, I knew I'd be able to get back to it soon enough. Important to take care of my health in order to be healthy!

Weekly Sweat Stats 6/18-6/24

Monday: 2 mile warm up on treadmill, 6 mile stationary bike
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: 3 mile run
Thursday: 2 mile run
Friday: 3 mile run
Saturday: 6.2 mile run (10 k time trial at a 9:11 pace)
Sunday: rest



No comments:

Post a Comment