Monday, December 19, 2011

Slow Cooker Tri-Tip

I have been eyeballing the tri tip at the grocery store for the past few weeks. Last Thursday, I finally bought some. I didn't just go for a little personal sized steak, but a 2 pound tri-tip roast!   When I saw it I immediately thought..... slow cooker!

Slow Cooker Tri-Tip
2 lb tri-tip roast
1/2 c red wine
1/2 c water
1 clove garlic, chopped
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 tbsp oregano
Salt & Pepper
(I eyeball almost everything so these are estimates)

Set on low for 8 hours... leave for work... come home to a delicious smelling house!

It fell apart with melt-in-your-mouth ease

It turned out with the perfect amount of flavor and moisture locked in with a little crust on the outside. For dinner that night, I made a little mexican type lettuce cup...tri-tip, avocado, red onion, and tapatio drizzled on.  Fresh and comforting!

*Tip: After roast is cooked, shred all the meat and freeze half of it. 
Later, you can toss back into a pan and reheat or put into a soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment