Recipe for a Happy Sunday:
Read for hours in bed
Make soup for lunch
Throw a meal in the crock pot, which took less than 20 minutes
Efficiently get report cards done
Clean apartment top to bottom
Eat yummy dinner
Get back in bed and read some more
I wanted to quickly share the recipe I saw on Pinterest this morning. It comes from a blog, Six Sisters' Stuff. I think I will be going back to their blog for a few more recipes!
Slow Cooker Honey Sesame Chicken:
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 cup honey (I used honey and agave nectar)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup diced onion
2 tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
2 cloves garlic
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
4 tsp cornstarch dissolved into water
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/2 Tbsp sriracha sauce
add veggies & water chestnuts if you'd like
1. Season both sides of chicken with salt & pepper, put into crock pot
2. In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except the cornstarch and pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 3-4 hours or high 1 1/2 hours.
4. Remove chicken from crock pot, leave sauce
5. Dissolve cornstarch into 6 tsps water, stir cornstarch mix into sauce in crock pot
6. Let sauce thicken for about 10 minutes (I took the lid off to thicken)
6. Cut chicken into chunks and stir back in with sauce
7. Serve over rice! mmm!
I think this mix could make a good salad dressing, minus the onion & add in some rice vinegar??
Sprinkly on sesame seeds before serving... enjoy leftovers all week!