Friday, March 16, 2012

Vintage Marketplace

A few weekends ago, my mom and I went to The Vintage Marketplace.  Basically, it was like a dreamland for those who like vintage and shabby chic. They put this marketplace on a few times a year, in a little town called Rainbow (near Fallbrook, about 45 minutes north). Different vendors set up with furniture, old pieces of sheet music, old books, burlap and crystals everywhere.                        Oh and pearls, lace and more lace!

We browsed around, picking up odds and ends but I made off pretty well. Especially with a new piece of furniture! I bought a hutch for my kitchen, a couple vintage lace doilies, vintage dollhouse wallpaper and some little birds nests. 
Here is the hutch!  
 
The hutch set up for now...   
 
 
 Either for some candles, centerpieces or whatever else comes to me. 
  Here are a few other things I loved, but decided that I will recreate for much less expensive.
                                           LOOOOOVE the idea of the sheet music....



It turned out to be a very nice morning with my mom. The next Vintage Marketplace show is in June... Definitely will be checking it out! And most likely, I will spend my spring break in a few weeks making some of these items! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment