Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Weekly Sweat Stats 4/30-5/6

This past week I did some nice long runs and my first bike workout, but not as much exercise as I had hoped. I started back at work this week after being on spring vacation for a month. The students were wild and I was exhausted every day. I fit in what I could and what I felt my body could handle. 

Luckily, my friend Missi invited me to come to a bike workout on Wednesday with the San Diego Tri Club. It would be my 2nd time on my bike but I knew it would be a good chance to get out there.  The workout was a 20k time trial, 3 big loops around Fiesta Island (about 12 miles).  I have no idea what my time was because I forgot to start my watch and then I did about a mile in and then forgot to turn it off when I was done.   Who cares about time though, I was just happy to get out there... I learned a few things about my gears and that I need to raise my seat a bit a lot.

Here's a look at what I was able to fit in this week:

Monday: 10 mile run
Tuesday: rest day
Wednesday: 12 mile/20 k bike ride, 2 mile run
Thursday: 20 minute workout video, 1 hour Tap class
Friday: 6.5 mile run
Saturday: Hot yoga
Sunday: 12 mile run


Being back at work this week took some adjusting for my body. I was sore, achey and a scratchy throat. It may have been weather, being around 20 eight year olds again or just getting used to thing again.

I am excited to get more familiar with my bike! Rock 'n' Roll Portland Half Marathon is in less than two weeks. I have a feeling it is going to be a slow race for me. Maybe my slowest, but sometimes I just need to remember that getting out there is the biggest challenge. Shoot... three years ago I didn't even enjoy running a mile - now it's a serious part of my life. We need to give ourselves credit for the things we do, and not always worry about it as a competition with others or even ourselves.


Had a really delicious dinner tonight - more to come on that later - now time for sleep before double workout tomorrow.  Pat yourself on the back tonight for something you did today to improve your health!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Made me smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love road biking - especially when there are no cars around ;). Isn't it both exhilarating, sweat breaking and fun?

    Morgan @ PepperDesignBlog.com

    ReplyDelete