Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Weekly Sweat Stats 5/7 - 5/13

This past week was full of fun with friends but craziness at work.  Potlucks, BBQs, birthdays and Mother's day are all such great occasions, but not having downtime makes me a teeny bit grumpy. I ate a lot of good food, but maybe a little too much of it! I spent later hours at work, so I had to squeeze in morning workouts too.  Let's just say I had a meltdown yesterday.

I was excited for some solid running but my knees decided to get achey and my legs even more heavy. In all honesty, I can't wait for this upcoming race to be over so I can give my running legs a "break." I know I will get through this race, but I've never felt like I wasn't going to do well. Maybe resting this week will be good recovery for Sunday.

Tired legs, busy work days and less eating at home has got me in a funk. I feel more stressed, less strong and I shouldn't. Working on re-balancing things and reminding myself to filter out the extra bugs. 


Week of 5/7-5/13

Monday - Hot Yoga
Tuesday - rest & time with friends
Wednesday - 4 mile run
Thursday - Hot Yoga
Friday - 3 mile run in the morning
Saturday - 8 mile run
Sunday - rest

This upcoming week is my taper week for the Portland Half Marathon, so I have a few short & easy runs planned. Today was a disaster at work and I got home late and just wanted to crawl into bed. I did some core work this morning and was drained from the rough day when I got home, so I just gave myself the night off from exercise & stretched instead.  Healthy meals planned for the week and lots of sleep.  Ready for less pressure on the running and more time for other exercise.

I need a change NOW and it's entirely up to me!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's really hard to 'listen' to our bodies but I think they know best! Come Sunday your body will know what to do & you will get to tour Portland while running.. so jealous! Have a great week & an amazing time in Portland!

    ReplyDelete