Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Portabello and Spinach Pasta

       Last week I was out of town on vacation, so my blog took a little vacation too.  When I returned and was reconnecting with my computer, I saw this on Recipe.com & Pinterest. Spinach, meaty mushrooms and pasta?? Sold!

Farfalle with Mushrooms and Spinach
6  ounces farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
1  tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion chopped or sliced, depending on your preference
1  cup sliced portobello or other fresh mushrooms
2  cloves garlic, minced
4  cups thinly sliced fresh spinach
1-2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves pulled off
1/8  teaspoon pepper
2  tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese

It was perfect for a Friday night, carb-heavy, easy meal.  I needed carbs for my 13 mile run the next morning! 
 I added grilled steak into the Friday night meal, but forgot the thyme. It was still tasty but needed a little more flavor... so Saturday I made the same meal with the thyme, a few cut up patty-pan squash and kept it vegetarian. The thyme seemed to be the missing ingredient on Friday. 
Turned out super delish!
   Patty-pan squash... tender and so flavorful!


 Olympics, porch dinner and a warm summer night...Doesn't get much better than this.


P.S. The photo on the left is from recipe.com and mine is on the right... pretty close, eh??
I LOVE SPINACH & MUSHROOMS!

Cheers, 
Belle 

No comments:

Post a Comment