Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Weekly Sweat Stats 7/23-7/29 and 7/30-8/5

    Well.... I haven't updated in a while because I was on vacation! And a relaxing, family-filled time it was.   So now I am back, for a few days that is. I leave this week for another vacation to Playa del Carmen. It is going to be amazing. But until then I need to get updated on this little blog here.

    Having the London Olympics on is extremely motivating. While I am training, I like to imagine that I run and swim as beautifully as those athletes. Two weeks until AFC Half Marathon and four and a half weeks until San Diego Triathlon Classic! I am not worried about the half marathon, but more worried about my first tri.   Eeeeeeeeeeek!

                                        How did you put up a fight in life this week?

Weekly Sweat Stats 7/23-7/29

Monday: 800 m swim
Tuesday:  5 mile run
Wednesday: 12 mile ride
Thursday: 4 mile run (pain in heel this day, so walked 2 miles after)
Friday: 50 minute elliptical & strength training
Saturday: 11 mile long run
Sunday:  stretch & core (off to vacation!!)

Weekly Sweat Stats 7/30-8/4
*was on vacation in Las Vegas with family this week, so workouts are all over the place*

Monday: 50 minutes on spin bike & 600 m swim
Tuesday: treadmill workout - 1/2 mile warm up, 6 x 800m sprints, 1/2 mile cool down
Wednesday: day off
Thursday: 3 miles treadmill, 3 miles elliptical,
Friday: drive home from Vegas
Saturday: 13.5 mile run
Sunday: 15 mile "small hill" ride & 500 m swim

And there you have it.  Compared to my friends' Ironman training schedules, this looks sort of wimpy. But my body is feeling better, with the cross-training, than it was with just running. I am only home a few days this week, so squeezing in some double workouts.  Off for a swim!

No comments:

Post a Comment